Pahlaj Nihalani’s tenure as ‘sanskaari’ CBFC chief was marred by several controversies. After facing a lot of flak from filmmakers and producers, the government sacked Pahlaj Nihalani from his position last month. As a retribution of sorts, Pahlaj Nihalani is distributing an upcoming Hindi film Julie 2, which is tipped to be an exotic thriller.
The teaser, which was unveiled on August 29, has clocked more than 5 million views on YouTube. Particularly, Raai Laxmi is making headlines for her bold and sensuous scenes. Ahead of the release of Julie 2, we look at Raai Laxmi’s career so far.
- Hailing from Karnataka, Raai Laxmi predominantly works in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films. Raai was 15 when she made her acting debut in the Tamil film Karka Kasadara.
- Raai Laxmi shot to fame after playing an important character in the 2008 hit film Dhaam Dhoom for which she was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- Raai Laxmi began her Mollywood journey with Rock & Roll in 2007. She has worded alongside superstars like Mohanlal and Mammootty. So far, Laxmi has acted in over 50 films.
- While Laxmi was used merely as an eye-candy in films, she was given prominence in films like Kanchana and Mankatha, in which she played a negative character. Both the films were highly successful at the box office. After which, Raai Laxmi got a lot of offers from other industries.
- Post Mankatha’s success, Raai Laxmi had an ugly spat with Trisha and claimed that the director approached her for the heroine’s part. She even took a dig at Trisha after the latter clarified that she isn’t engaged on Twitter. Laxmi reportedly called Trisha ‘fake’.
- In 2008, Raai Laxmi allegedly dated cricketer MS Dhoni. Talking to a daily, she earlier said, “I’ve begun to believe that my relationship with Dhoni is like a stain or a scar which won’t go away for a long time. I am surprised that people still have the energy and patience left to talk about it even now. Every time TV channels dig into Dhoni’s past, they make it a point to bring up our relationship. I dread to think that someday my kids in future will see it on TV and ask me about it!” In fact, Raai was curious to know if her part was shown in the film MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, directed by Neeraj Pandey.
- Raai Laxmi shook a leg with megastar Chiranjeevi for the song Ratthaalu in his comeback film Khaidi No 150. The song became a smash hit.
- She is making her Bollywood debut with Julie 2, an exotic “adult family film”, directed by Deepak Shivdasani. However, Laxmi made a cameo appearance in Akira, which was directed by AR Murugadoss.Source: msn.com